Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

24. Go Camping

I’m not a super adventurous person but I do like the outdoors and while I am not likely to go skydiving or jump off cliffs and I don’t like bugs and most insects; I do enjoy things like camping, hiking, nature walks and other outdoor activities. Leading up to this weekend I was trying to remember the last time I went camping in a tent and I am not quite sure but maybe 6 years ago (?!).  Although, it is something I have not done in awhile, I do have lots of good memories of camping whether it was with my family or youth camps with my church or even in my own backyard. My parent’s home in Surrey, BC (the home I grew up in) backs onto a forestry area that leads to a creek. Sometimes my Dad would set the tent up in the backyard and we would camp out for the night. Although, there were a few times my twin sister and I would be out on our own and would get scared at some noise we heard and end up back in the house.   

I flew out to Vancouver last week to spend some time with my family. There was a lot happening in the few days I was home and I had a lot of fun. My Dad has been pretty interested in this list I have and  seeing what he can help out with or be part of so when we were planning my trip out to Surrey and his trip out to Edmonton we decided that it would be fun to do an overnight camp on our drive back to Edmonton. My Handyman Dad came out to do some home renovations (Thanks Dad!) and my little sister, Mikayla came out because she wanted to spend more time with me or maybe to go to West Edmonton mall ... probably both. :) 

We stopped off in Valemount, BC at a nice little camping spot with a pretty view of the mountains and a creek that went by our site. While my Scout Leader Dad was setting up camp and getting the fire started Mikayla and I went for a walk and made sure we knew where important things like the washrooms were. We ate dinner, made smores, played Monopoly Deal by lamp light and woke up to a pancake breakfast made by my Dad that we enjoyed before continuing on to Edmonton. It was a quick but fun camping trip.



                     




No comments:

Post a Comment