Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

28. Get Published

As evident (I hope) by my blogs, I enjoy writing. In High School I wrote for our school paper as well as a regional student paper and I loved seeing my articles get published. I decided to set a goal of getting an article published this year but because I waited too long  to start working on this goal I ended up just writing an article for my community newsletter, “The Riverdalian”. I wasn't sure if it would be chosen for publication but I got an email yesterday letting me know that my article will be in the September issue. Whew, that was close.

The article I wrote also includes another side project I had been working on this past year where I took a picture of the same spot of the river that runs through my community on or close to the first day of each season. It is pretty neat to see the changes as we turn from season to season and to find beauty in each season. Once published, you will be able to find it here:  http://www.riverdalians.net/league.php At the side bar you will find links to issues of the Riverdalian, it will be the 2013-09 issue.

My backup plan was going to be having a picture of me with two of nieces published in Utah’s home-schooling Newsletter. My sister submitted it for their section of what some of the children did during Spring Break. Here is a snapshot of the section we are featured in:   


No comments:

Post a Comment