Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Friday, August 23, 2013

29. Buy a New Dress

I like wearing dresses, mainly to church and special events, but often find it hard to find a dress I like. This is mostly because I want a dress that is at least knee length, with a higher neckline and sleeves; which can be pretty hard to find. When I went to Utah, I looked around for dresses there as they have a good selection of modest clothing but didn't find anything that I really loved.

In late spring, I was at a mall just browsing when I went into Jacob and saw a dress that I fell in love with. I thought it was really pretty and would go well with any season. I am currently looking for a yellow cardigan to go with the dress to wear in cooler weather.

Jacob can be pricey but if you wait for sales you can usually get a good deal. Although, I find that for me it can sometimes be a gamble as it seems my size sells out quickly. It worked out well for me this time when I went back a few weeks later and bought the dress. I wore it for a photo shoot with an aspiring photographer who is starting up her own business. It was a fun photo shoot that also included a friend of mine who is a model; she helped us with posing and looking good in front of the camera. I haven’t gotten those photos yet but when I do I will update this post with a photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment