Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

26. Watch All of the Disney Princess Movies



I have watched all of these movies at least a few times before but I have never watched all 11 Disney princess movies in a one year time span until last night. I love all of the Disney Princess movies and happy-ever-after endings!

The following are currently the official Disney Princesses: Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel and Merida (who officially became a Disney Princess in May of this year). Two new princesses, Anna and Elsa, are scheduled to join the line up with the release of Disney’s Frozen on November 27, 2013.

I watched all of the movies, except for Cinderella, with at least one other person which made completing this goal even more fun. Each person or group of people can be found in the picture gallery below.

I love the messages found in each of the Disney Princess movies. I love the stories of finding love and the importance of finding love, friendships and family relationships. I love the message of finding the good in people but also of being with people who are positive influences. I love the story line of good conquering evil. All of these movies encourage its viewers to follow their dreams, others also encourage us to take a step back and see what we really desire. The path we should take may actually be different than the one we are currently travelling on. Many of the storylines also encourage us to stand up for what we believe in. The princesses are often examples of being independent but also dependent which I think is important for people to realize. We are not meant to be alone and we are not meant to know everything or how to do everything. It is important to have others you can rely on and let others help you and serve you where needed. 

I could probably write an essay on each Disney Princess Movie and what we can learn from that movie. Next blog idea? hahaha. However, I would encourage each of you to choose one of these movies to watch and find a personal message from it. 

Watching "Snow White" with Linda, Kristine, Taylor and Barb (who took the picture)

Watching "Cinderella" while curled up in my blanket and knitting a scarf
Watching "Sleeping Beauty" with Katie and Kerry and their little niece, Emily. Emily's Mommy joined in for a bit too.  


Watching "The Little Mermaid" with Cassandra in Picture Butte



Watching "Beauty and the Beast" with Greg, Amanda, Frances, Jake and Linda. Hulda also came to watch her favourite Disney movie. 


Watching "Aladdin" with my adorable nieces: Rebekah, Sariah and Miriam who I think were just as excited about our movie snacks 

                                                       Watching "Pocahontas" with Stephanie, a descendent of Pocahontas!                            
Watching "Mulan" with my sister Mikayla while visiting my family at Christmas 
Watching "The Princess and the Frog" with Barb. The first one to be checked off! 
Watching "Tangled" with Linda and Kerrie and celebrating their birthdays which happen to be on the same day.
Watching "Brave" with Dallin, Alan and Amanda (there was someone else who didn't want to be in the picture so I don't know if I can publish his name but I will give you a clue, he kind of looks like Dallin.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment