Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

23. Plant Something

 I had some time on the afternoon of Canada Day so I pulled out a flower pot, soil and seeds I had and planted some Cosmo flower seeds. I love watching them grow a bit more everyday and looking forward to some pretty flowers. However, what I really wanted was to plant a garden.

The following Saturday I bought some flowers and gardening tools and spent the afternoon and evening digging up the grass and planting some pretty flowers. I planted Primroses (which will probably start blooming next year), Petunias and Dusty Millers. I call it my Family History garden because Primrose is my Mom's name, her grandmother’s maiden name and the Family line I have gathered the most information on. The soil I used was Schultz brand, which was the last name of my paternal grandmother.
I am not quite finished with what I want to do but I think it looks pretty so far. I have to say that a bonus of gardening is that it is good exercise, my bottom hurt so much the next day. Hahaha.

Some may ask why I would spend so much time planting a garden if I am only renting so this may be a good time to announce that I bought the house! Well, actually my Dad and I bought the house. A couple of months ago I learned that the house I am living in was in foreclosure and when I was telling my dad about the situation I was in, he said that he thought buying the house would be a good investment for us to go into together and it went from there. Now I am officially a home owner and planting a garden was the first thing I did to make it my own.

August 26 Update: The same day I planted my garden, I also planted two sweet yellow pepper plants. However, they looked like they were dying and I didn't think any peppers would grow. This is what they look like today ... the peppers are growing!


No comments:

Post a Comment