Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Turning 30

Well, it has been a week since I turned 30 and a week to adjust to being 30. I started the day off with a bowl of oatmeal and because it was my birthday I added some chocolate chips. I then went to work. Being that my birthday is in August I have never had to go to school on my birthday and today was only the second time I went to work on my birthday. I was happy to go to work today because I enjoy my job and I love my co-workers. The Family Support team that I work with have a tradition of going out for lunch when it is someone’s birthday. The birthday girl chooses where they want to go and we spend the lunch hour together at the restaurant which is fun. I chose Cora’s, I had been to the one on the West End earlier this year and really enjoyed it so I was excited when they opened one close to where I work. Later in the day my supervisor surprised me with strawberry Ice Cream from Cold Stone.

When I got home I Read some happy birthday messages on facebook and talked to my twin sister (it was her birthday tooJ). I made myself a yummy dinner of grilled chicken with fresh salsa (that I also made) and grilled peppers. I went to FHE for a bit and got some more happy birthdays and then my parents called me. My Mom, Dad and the dogs sang happy birthday ... hahaha.     

Last Sunday when I was talking to my twin sister she told me that she told several people at church that it was her last day of her 20’s and asked if I did. Ummmm ... no. Well, except for one person who asked me how old I was turning (Now I am telling everyone how old I am ... hahaha). Maybe, if I was married and had 4 children I would be excited too but to be honest it was a hard day for me. Partly because I felt like I spent it alone (besides going to work and the time I was at FHE) and partly because of unfulfilled expectations. It is hard when all you have ever wanted is to be a mom. Although it does bring me comfort that my mom and both of my grandmother’s had children into their late 30s, even early 40s. In fact, my Grandma got married when she was 30.   

I have decided that I am going to make this a great year! I have spent the last couple of months coming up with ideas of things I want to do in the next year. I got some input from friends, family members and co-workers. I have finalized my list with 30 things to accomplish and I am really excited about accomplishing these things. I wanted to share my accomplishments on this blog to help make me accountable as well as invite those who are interested to read about each goal as I accomplish them. Also, there are some things on the list that would be fun to do with others so if you want to join me in an activity let me know. J  

P.S. For those who may not know the title of this blog is a quote from the movie “13 going on 30”.

No comments:

Post a Comment