Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Remembering my Grandma


One year ago today I was in Scotland celebrating my Grandma’s 90th birthday. She always wanted to have a surprise birthday party and last year her children planned one for her. It was so much fun and she was definitely surprised. My uncle and his wife told her that they were taking her out for dinner for her birthday but on the way they had to “stop by” the church. She walked into the cultural hall with family and friends waiting to wish her a happy birthday. She kept saying things like “I thought we were going for a meal” ... it was great!
My Grandma passed away on June 21 of this year and I was really sad that I missed the funeral but if I could  choose to be at my Grandma’s funeral or at her 90th birthday party, I would choose to be there for her party and I was there. I wouldn’t trade that for anything.

I feel blessed that I was born less than 2 weeks before my Grandma’s birthday, she has always been a wonderful example to me of faith, following Christ and serving others. She always told me that I was special because I was named after her (my middle name is Elizabeth). Although, when I started researching the family history I discovered that my Grandma's name is actually spelled Elisabeth so when my little sister was born, she was given Elisabeth as one of her middle names.
One of the things my Grandma loved was the birdie dance so we made sure to do the dance at her party, with a little variation. I love the memories this video brings to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment