Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Surprise Party!


Last weekend my friend Barb told me that she wanted to take me out to Red Robins for a belated birthday dinner. I thought it was nice of her to want to take me out for dinner and I do like Red Robins. While we were out last night I had no idea that my roommates and other friends were at my house preparing for a party. When I walked into the house, I was definitely surprised ... in fact, I am kind of embarrassed by how I screamed. 
Looking back there were some clues but they weren’t odd enough that it would have made me think. Including my one roommate saying that on Saturday night she was staying home in her pajamas with a bowl of popcorn; I even invited her to come out with me and Barb. It was a good surprise though.

It was a fun party decorated with pink streamers, Disney princess cups and cupcakes topped with strawberries. We played “Do you love your neighbour” and a few of us watched “Snow White” (which is actually part of a 10 part goal on my list). On a side note, my roommates and I took a “Which Disney Princess are you?” quiz and I came out as Snow White. We also took the “Which Disney Prince should you marry?” quiz and mine was the Prince from Snow White, so it seemed fitting that we watched this movie last night.
In the past couple of weeks I have been working on a few of the things on my list and will continue to update this blog as I complete them.
 
The friends who came to surprise me (Yes, they made me wear a princess sash)

Princess poses


4 comments:

  1. I just noticed that I am wearing the same thing I wore on my birthday, how ironic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They maaaaaade you wear the sash? :) I can't stop randomly giggling now and again thinking about you screaming. I so wish someone video tapped it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure someone would be willing to re-enact it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! And the sash is cute :P

    ReplyDelete