Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Year of Goals

I was listening to the radio today where a radio host was discussing the idea of September being the new “new year” and a time for setting goals and resolutions. For almost as long as I can remember I have used my birthday as a marker for setting and achieving goals. To me the end of August/ beginning of September seemed like a good time to set goals and monitor progress. Maybe with the leaves changing colour it seems to be a good time for me to look at what changes I can make in my life. Also, for many of these years I was getting ready to go back to school
which also the beginning of a new year and makes for a good opportunity to set goals. Now I work for a school and involved in program planning and goal setting prior to the start of the school year.
 For me continuing to make educational, personal and spiritual progress is important.

I am a goal and resolution setter. I like checking things off to-do lists, I like making positive changes and I love the feeling of achieving goals that I have set. I had a lot of fun accomplishing the 30 things I wrote on my lists before my birthday last year. I love that I have family and friends that showed interest in my list and enjoyed having some of them join me in accomplishing my goals. It really was a fun year!

Thinking about the title of my blog, “Thirty, Flirty and Thriving” I feel that many of the goals allowed me to thrive. There are also a couple that were perhaps attempts at being more flirty, not sure how good I am at that though ... haha.

While I don’t have a list of 31 things for this year, I do have a few goals set. One of them being to have my student loan paid off. I will, however, still write in this blog from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment