Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Monday, December 3, 2012

8. Buy a toy for a child in need

It’s Christmas time! I love Christmas time: I love the lights, the carols, being with my family and others I care about and I love how much of the world reflects (at least a little bit) more on the Savior. Many Christmas traditions reflect the teachings of Jesus Christ, including showing love to, serving and giving to others.

I know of individuals and families who will choose one or more people to buy something special for whether a gift or meal and leave it anonymously at their doorstep. I love that idea and it is a tradition I would like to start. My sister actually suggested I add something like this to my list of 30 things to accomplish but I decided not to because this is a public blog and I would want it to be an anonymous act. However, it led me to think of what else I could do.
 
I decided to buy a toy to donate to the Santa’s Anonymous Campaign to be given to a child from a low income family. Some of my most memorable Christmas gifts where baby dolls and Barbie dolls. I loved playing with dolls as a little girl (maybe I still do ... haha). I naturally searched the doll aisle and choose a Snow White Disney princess doll in hopes that a little girl will spend endless hours playing with her doll and recognizing that she too is a princess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment