Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

17. Sign Up For a Community Class

Last year, I came across a deal on dealfind where I could get 20 Zumba classes for $20. Sounded like a great deal and Zumba sounded like fun!  Since attending my first class, I have spent most Saturday mornings enjoying a Zumba workout at Desert Rose Dance Studio on the West end of Jasper Ave. It’s a nice studio with friendly staff and in a nice area of Edmonton with an art gallery next door and several homes in the neighbourhood that have been converted into businesses. It seems like a business area in a residential area which I think is kind of cool.

During the first couple of classes I thought of Meme’s I have seen like this:


Except I did feel like I looked like Napoleon Dynamite. I feel like I have the hang of it now but maybe, like this Meme suggests, I don’t look as good as I think. Hahaha.


I have 3 classes left on my 20-class pass and will have to think about if I want to continue. Maybe I can find another deal for Zumba classes or maybe I can try something else. Either way, it has been a fun experience! 

1 comment:

  1. It would be fun to find a great deal for something new to try!

    ReplyDelete