Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

12. Sign Up for Online Dating

I mentioned before that several of the people who made suggestions for my list suggested that I include “get married” but seen how everything on my list is within my control (except for one that involves having everyone in my family together, but I am sure they will do that for me) that ‘goal’ is not on my list of 30 things to do while I am 30. Although, I would be ok if it did happen (7 months should be enough time, rightJ). Similarly, everyone (I am pretty sure it was everyone) suggested I sign up for online dating, citing that it’s what people do in this technological age.

Before I start sharing my experience, I have a confession to make ... this was actually the first thing I checked off my list. I knew it would take me awhile to warm up to the idea so I first signed up using my sisters Zip code so I would show up as living in Provo and just explore for a bit. A while later I added a picture, then I changed my location to Edmonton. I then signed up for a 3 month paid subscription which has now has ended. Much to the disappointment of my parents, it didn’t work out for me.  I received and sent a few messages and ‘smiles’, made a facebook friend and ignored the guys in their 40s, 50’s and 60’s (which was the majority of the men who contacted me).

I prefer traditional dating so I hope that works out for me.

At least I tried, right. J

2 comments: