Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Well not quite flirty but I just turned thirty and it's going to be a great year because I have a list of 30 awesome things to accomplish. Throughout the year I will be updating this blog as I accomplish each item on my list.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

4. Invite someone over for dinner

I love cooking and baking so I wanted one of my goals to have something to do with cooking and/or baking. It is even more enjoyable to cook for others and I don't invite people over for dinner as often as I could so I decided to set a goal to invite someone over for dinner.

When I was thinking about who I should invite the first people I thought of were Elder and Sister Taylor, who are currently serving as LDS missionaries in the Young Single Adult (YSA) wards in Edmonton. They will soon be completing their 18 month mission and will be going back home to Utah at the end of the month. They will definitely be missed. They are wonderful examples of people striving to be Disciples of Christ. They are also fun to be with and have been very involved in the activities and helping out any way they can. Although, they enjoyed their time here they are excited to see their family soon and I am sure that their children and grandchildren will be happy to have them back home.




It was so nice to have the Taylors over last night and also to have both of my roommates join us. Great company, good conversation and yummy food!

Because my goal was to make dinner for someone, I should include what I made. For dinner I made a squash medley with butternut squash, red peppers, onions and green beans with a sauce made from balsamic dressing and Dijon mustard. I love squash so much! I also made apple pie bars (apple pie made in a rectangle pan and cut into bars) served with ice cream. It was a meal fitting for a crisp autumn day.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm that looks delicious and I'm going to miss the Taylors a lot!

    ReplyDelete